We are dedicated to increasing membership engagement and have created a Membership Engagement Committee.
The IAM is dedicating its time to helping our members get resources and information needed. Contact the local for more information on the following.
- 692 Pension
- Retirees groups and services
- Social Services (Member assistance programs)
- Education services
- Local 692 services
- Political Action – help your constituency office
- Canadian IAM Grand Lodge services and office information
- IAM Canadian news
- IAM Canada political arm
This includes items such as, members that are sick or injured, members that have recently got married or had a baby, donation or sponsorship requests. Basically, anything our members want added to the agenda of the general meetings.
Please feel free to email the president at any time, and he will get back to you right away.
- IAM Canada and David Chartrand call for a fair and transparent process for military procurement contractsIAM Canadian General Vice-President David Chartrand attended an important round table in Ottawa addressing the replacement of the Royal Canadian Air Force’s CP-140 Aurora military aircraft. The Canadian GVP was in attendance to stress the importance of a strategic and well-thought-out replacement, as an unfavourable decision may impact member’s jobs. Organised by Bloc Québécois MP… Read more: IAM Canada and David Chartrand call for a fair and transparent process for military procurement contracts
- Canada’s unions: Solidarity against government overreach. We must stop these politicians who continuously trample our rightsBruske: Canada’s unions strongly oppose Scott Moe’s use of the notwithstanding clause. Canada’s unions are deeply concerned by Saskatchewan Premier’s decision to pass legislation that will violate queer and trans children’s rights to privacy and safety in schools. In this climate of rising hate, our schools should be inclusive and a safe place for kids… Read more: Canada’s unions: Solidarity against government overreach. We must stop these politicians who continuously trample our rights
- You’ve heard of the G20, but have you heard of the L20? (ITUC)“The Labour 20 – L20 – represents the interests of workers at the G20 level. It unites trade unions from G20 countries and Global Unions and is convened by the International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC) and Trade Union Advisory Committee (TUAC) to the OECD. Since the outbreak of the financial crisis in 2008, the L20… Read more: You’ve heard of the G20, but have you heard of the L20? (ITUC)
- United in support of anti-scab legislationHundreds of demonstrators rallied in September at Parliament Hill in Ottawa to press for the adoption of anti-scab legislation. The IAM was there, and our message was heard loud and clear. Even though Quebec has had anti-scab legislation for a long time, we have units under federal jurisdiction that cannot apply this legislation. The absence… Read more: United in support of anti-scab legislation
- The IAMAW Committee On The Future To Host Two Sessions In Metro VancouverHelp shape the future of your union. The IAM Committee On The Future is hosting listening sessions throughout the United Staes and Canada. There will be 2 sessions held in the Metro Vancouver region. The 12:30-2:30 session will be held at the Local Lodge 764 office at 7980 River Rd. in Richmond. The second session… Read more: The IAMAW Committee On The Future To Host Two Sessions In Metro Vancouver
- National Day Of Mourning April 28 2023On Friday April 28 at 11:00 AM take a moment to pause and remember all of the workers that have been killed, injured or has become ill on the job. We have all been affected by workplace incidents and illnesses. Whether in our own workplace or that of friends and family, we are all touched… Read more: National Day Of Mourning April 28 2023
- UPDATE ! Settlement reached in AK Draft Seal StrikeUpdated Oct 7 2022: A settlement has been reached in the strike at AK Draft Seal. The main issue was a living wage, The settlement includes a $2/ Hr. increase in year 1 with 3% and 3% in years 2 and 3. Congratulations to all of the members. Their solidarity has paid off. Striking… Read more: UPDATE ! Settlement reached in AK Draft Seal Strike
- Members at AK Draft Seal Strike For A Livable WageThirty two members at two locations in Langley and Burnaby have walked off the job at AK Draft Seal in a fight for a livable wage. The Members have asked to have their wage brought up to $22./hr. The company came back with an offer that was less than desirable. This was rejected and they… Read more: Members at AK Draft Seal Strike For A Livable Wage
- June General Meeting in KamloopsThe June 2022 general membership meeting will be held in Kamloops on Thursday June 9 at 6:30pm at the Kamloops Coast Hotel at 1250 Rogers Way in the Ida Room. This meeting will be in person only with no online option. We hope to see a good turnout by members in the Thompson- Okanagan as… Read more: June General Meeting in Kamloops
- Grand Lodge Convention Delegate Election ResultsCongratulations to the delegates as selected by you, the membership. Thank you to all those that voted. Election Results The election for the twelve delegates to attend the Grand Lodge Convention in October 2022 will take place on Tuesday May 31 at the Northwest District 250 Lodge hall at 19005 94th Avenue in Surrey, B.C.… Read more: Grand Lodge Convention Delegate Election Results
- Members At IG Machine Are Back To WorkThe locked out members from IG Machine have ratified an agreement and are now back at work. The agreement was accepted by 62% of the members with 33 of 34 eligible voters. IG Machine locked out the members last summer. They had endured a summer of extreme heat and wildfires followed by a rainy fall… Read more: Members At IG Machine Are Back To Work
- March General Lodge Meeting ** NEW TIME 7:00 PM **The time has come for the March General Lodge Meeting. The meeting is going to be held via Zoom once again. We are hoping to be able to resume in person meetings in the near future. The meeting will be held on Thursday March 10 at 7:00pm. Please contact Pete Konrad at PKonrad@IAMAW692.ca for your… Read more: March General Lodge Meeting ** NEW TIME 7:00 PM **
- December General MeetingIt’s time again for the monthly lodge meeting. For December the meeting is going to be held online with Zoom on Thursday December 9 at 6:00pm. For your meeting invite, please email Pete Konrad at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thursday is also election day for District 250 delegates and for 1 position for the Local 692 executive board.… Read more: December General Meeting
- Members at IG Machine Are Prepared For WinterThe locked out members at IG Machine and Fibers in Ashcroft have had to endure all sorts of obstacles in their many months on the line. If it was the sweltering desert heat in the summer, it was nearby wildfires. Now as winter approaches, the members are preparing themselves for the cold days ahead. With… Read more: Members at IG Machine Are Prepared For Winter
- IAMAW Local 692 Turns Grievance Award Into Community BenefitService to the Community is not only part of the IAM’s motto, it also forms part of our core belief and practice. This has again translated into IAM members doing their part and looking out for the greater good. In 2020, LL692 filed a grievance against Finning Canada for work that was performed by a… Read more: IAMAW Local 692 Turns Grievance Award Into Community Benefit
- Support is strong for the members locked out at IG Machine and FibersThe IAMAW community has shown a lot of support lately for the locked out members of IG Machine and Fibers. Above is the Advanced Leadership class at the Winpisinger Center showing their support. There has also been financial support from Districts and Locals to help with the needs of the members. We would like to… Read more: Support is strong for the members locked out at IG Machine and Fibers
- Members at IG Machine and Fibers in Ashcroft BC have been locked out.The IAMAW Canada web page has a good article about this lockout. It can be read here. Business Rep. Andrew Tricker had Thursday and Friday tentatively scheduled for mediation. The company wanted to meet in person in Vancouver so Andrew asked them three basic questions. 1: Bring someone to the table who can… Read more: Members at IG Machine and Fibers in Ashcroft BC have been locked out.
- Labour Day 2021The executive board and staff of IAMAW 692 and District 250 would like to wish you all a safe and happy Labour Day. Click here to see the Labour Day message from IAMAW International President Martinez. For events happening around BC follow this link.
- National Day of Mourning – April 28 2021Take time on April 28 to remember those workers that have been taken from their families and friends before their time. Whether through injury or disease we are losing too many of our coworkers every year. In 2020 BC lost 173 worker. We must take care of other and watch our coworkers backs to prevent… Read more: National Day of Mourning – April 28 2021